Tuesday, August 25, 2015

BRITISH TOURIST SHOWS HOW IT'S DONE

To the grizzly white haired gentleman with the almost unintelligible Cockney accent who got up and insisted that an elderly Chinese woman sit, on the bus yesterday evening, sir, you rock.

And why is it a tourist whom I noticed doing that? Instead of the physically buff professional people from the Financial district, in the prime of their lives, and probably members of various gyms and healthclubs?

Could it possibly be that many white Americans are rather uneducated?

Come from dysfunctional families, and weren't raised properly?

Believe that decency is an artificial construct?


The explanation is probably far more mundane. They all had cellphones, or colleagues with whom to chat, whereas all he had was a banana for distraction. I am mildly allergic to bananas, so of course I noticed that.

I smelled masticated banana for twelve blocks.

Ick.


Because I do not own a cellphone, rather fervently dislike cellphones, and object to people who use their cellphone when there is no earthly reason to do so, and furthermore despise cellphone users who use their cellphones to tune out everyone else and so "do not even notice" elderly Cantonese ladies all wobbly on their arthritic pins, naturally I also registered the cellphones.

The irony is that whenever I'm on the phone, I'm probably speaking with someone who has a cellphone.

My apartment mate and I share a landline. Whenever she's talking to her boyfriend, she takes the phone into her room. Technology is so advanced nowadays that there are very long phone cords. They actually exist.
The modern age has made our lives so much easier; now, no one has to listen to their apartment mate yacking with Wheelie Boy for an entire hour, boruch Hashem.

The last time I was on the phone for over an hour was with tech support several years ago. I do not do that socially.

Despite actually being rather fond of tech support.
They're very nice people. Altogether decent folks.
Remarkably knowledgeable about Indian food.


Unlike financial district professionals on the bus.


Who probably don't know bananas.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...