Sunday, October 28, 2012

IT'S A MAN, IT'S A BADGER; IT'S BADGER MAN

Yesterday, after a horrendous week at work, I needed happy food.
Rice porridge and a fried dough stick in Chinatown.
Gloop, lean pork shreds, preserved egg.
And an airy puff-bread thing.
To dip in the jook.


皮蛋瘦肉粥同埋一根油條
PEI DAN SAU YIUK JUK TONG-MAI YAT GAN YAU TIU

It's comforting food,simple and tasty. If you expected something fancier, we should probably avoid each other.
Though if that suits you perfectly, why haven't we ever met?

I'm alone a lot these days, especially on weekends. It's something I have gotten used to. I'm no longer willing to put up with people who demand more of me than I am willing to give, and all I need for companionship is someone who is genuine, with a lively curiosity.
If I cannot have that, I'll eat by myself, and wander a while through the silent financial district smoking a pipe, observing the sparrows and the pigeons.
Before heading somewhere to read.

There is no point in insisting upon the attention of others, or settling for pretentious and attitudinal fellowship; the presence of other people is considerably over-rated.

I would absolutely not object to pleasant company.
But it would likely be someone unusual.
A quiet person to share food.
Who likes books.


And we all know that that ain't gonna happen.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...