Friday, October 26, 2012

NOTES FROM OTHER EARTH

Someone asked me who Mao Tsetung was. No, not a sweet little tyke in grammar school, but a college graduate. It made me feel incredibly old.
People ask me stuff all the time now, because they have reason to believe that I have the answers. I have become the ancient elf who ate the library, and seemingly knows everything. Something twixt Polymatheius, Gollum, and Gandalf.
Based on previous exposure, they're right; facts are retained.
They're quite surprised that I am not a professor.
Just a head perfect for trivial pursuit.


The Mao Tsetung question inevitably brought up Sun Yatsen, Chiang Kaishek, Chang Hsüeh-liang, as well as Liu Shaoqi, Zhou Enlai, Lin Biao, Hua Guofeng, and a short feisty Szechuanese chainsmoker named Deng Xiaoping.
I suppose I could've also mentioned Vladimir Illyich Ulyanov, Lev Davidovich Bronstein, Bukharin, and some dude named Stalin, as well as Toyo, Yamamoto, Roosevelt, Churchill, and De Gaulle, but the conversation would've gone irreparably south had I done so.

If all of the above had been Kardasians, baseball players, or rap artists, their names would be quite well-known now.

You know, people like Snoop Diddy, or whatever his name is.
Important people.
Famous.


I am by no means old.
Nor am I an encyclopedia.
I'm just from another planet.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...