Thursday, March 22, 2012

WHY YOU SHOULD WEAR A HAT

Recent research has shown that there is a direct correlation between what people wear and how happy or self-confident they are.
I shan't cite the source, because I can no longer remember where I read it, but it applied mostly to women, and specifically stated that blue-jeans indicated emotional frailty and low self-esteem.
Conversely, wearing a hat showed happiness and contentment.

There is a direct correlation between wearing clothes and happiness.
In public.
Most of us can't feel truly happy outside if we're naked.
Especially in San Francisco.
Not when it's less than fifty degrees Fahrenheit.

Even with a hat.

Other than that, I'm not sure that the author mentioning the research understood the causal relationship.  Wearing clothes indicates primarily that one wishes to pass among strangers without offense or embarrassment. The blue-jeans may be the only pants that fit, and the hat more often than not has something to do with the head.
I'm just guessing here, but it's an educated guess.

If I were the only person naked, I probably wouldn't be too happy.
Unless I was alone.
Or there was another person equally disgarbed, and no one else.

Nudity among the multitude has scant appeal.
In a crowd of people, wearing clothes seems advisable.
A happy hat is a splendid choice, but it cannot stand on its own.

It's different at home.
Being bare can be pleasant alone.
But it's much more fun with another person.

Hats are optional at that point.
But soft fuzzy blankets, OR cups of tea, are not.
Try it; you'll be surprised how much you like bare skin and warmth.

I suggest a strong black tea with milk and sugar.
It is indeed extremely nice. Milk tea: potent pleasure.
Caffeine and company.  That is the true recipe for happiness.
The warm fuzzy blankets boost self-confidence.
Feel free to twiddle your toes.
While wearing a hat.

You really do not need a hat, but it adds a note of gaiety to the event.
I have a dashing fedora for precisely such occasions.
As well as a selection of fine teas.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

couturily amphibious said...

Outside of Lena Olin, in UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING, there has always been a suggestion of degeneracy in nudity combined with hats. On her, it worked just fine.

The back of the hill said...

Fetching headgear adds inestimably to any occasion.

The back of the hill said...

And hats are better than fig leaves.

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...