Sunday, October 02, 2011

GENUINELY BENEFICIAL POST

Recently a 'reader' has been trying to seed my site, in order to ascertain if silly advertisement spam can be safely planted here.
I'm afraid not. One of the advantages of setting an approval mechanism on the comments is that I no longer end up with prongus-enlargement advertisements, vaigregenic nonsense, prawn buskers, or hair growth pills.

The most recent message from the hopeful merchant, however, is rather interesting.

Thus:
brinkka2011 says: How is it that just anyone can publish a blog and get as popular as this? Its not like youve said anything incredibly impressive more like youve painted a quite picture through an issue that you know nothing about! I dont want to sound mean, right here. But do you genuinely think that you can get away with adding some quite pictures and not truly say something?


In answer to the question posed, the answer is 'yes'. Yes I do.
Yes, I genuinely think that I can get away with adding pictures and not saying a thing.


EPISTLE TO A MACHINE

Dear Brinkka2011,

Why is it that your comments show up on so many blogs and news sites, bearing compliments about how the post in question truly helped you and contributed to your understanding of the subject discussed - reproductive enlargement, Michelle Obama, gardening, mushroom cultivation, revolutionary poetry, or whatever - without you actually contributing anything to the discourse?
Indeed, in your own words you were absolutely fascinated, the discussion was of deep and abiding interest, precisely what you were looking for..... yet you had no opinion whatever.

Do you, mon cher Brinkka2011, not realize that seed-comments are in the main totally obvious? That opportunistic "let's see if this idiot will allow me to spam here" statements are, in fact, transparent enough that they fall right through the basket (Dutch colloquial expression indicating 'epic fail' of whatever it is that was attempted)?

That you chose to enter your message in what I've designated my letter box - where I stated that it would be entirely a private communication - indicates that you may not have actually read either the post under which you found the clickable link, or the message I left there for whoever did click.

To whit: " Please feel free to write to me privately here. If you would like a response, include your e-mail address. Nothing you say here will be published, only I will see it."

That I cited your message in full is an exception. REAL PEOPLE can rest assured that whatever they put in my letter box will remain confidential.

Fake people, such as your own computer-generated self, Brinkka2011, do not merit that assurance.
I do not cater to the BORG, and I have no intention of being assimilated.
Not that I discriminate against trolls, you understand. Artificial intelligence - or its signal absence - is not a basis for any sort of unfriendliness. But in that you exist solely as a search-program methodology of exposing your mercantile master to the world at large, publishing what you "wrote" is by no means a breach of promise.

Please note also: "Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author."

What on earth were you thinking?


AFTER WORD

Several hours since posting the comment cited above, brinkka2011 wrote: "Lovely website! A little too spammy though."
I'm not quite sure how that fits in with a previous remark from his hand: "jumbo tally you take in". Maybe it was an exceptional pork shoulder?
In response, let me quote from another luncheon meat troll, who said: "I in the final analysis like the path you are posting!". Indeed. Quite apposite.
May both of you "receive an interesting stress relevant of aim", and thank you so much for the "damaged and fruitless plaits".

Damaged and fruitless plaits really is what we're all about at the back of the hill.

That, and dillwads.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...