Tuesday, September 28, 2010

THERE IS NO DARK ROMANTIC VAMPIRE HERE

Very many people do NOT read my blog, apparently. I have less appeal than the gossip rags, less even than soft-focus nudie sites. Even here in San Francisco.

This isn't really a surprise; there are several tens of thousands of blogs based in this city. Being one among a multitude does not attract much attention.
Which is not a bad thing.


I CAN'T HEAR YOU BREATHING!

Very few of my coworkers read this blog.
Among my real world friends, only four or five actually come here on a regular basis.
Even among my fellow conspirators, few drop by with any great regularity - most have forgotten that this site exists, because whatever I write doesn't appeal to them, and I what I have to say doesn't always synch with their point of view.

[This past Saturday, that was especially evident. I am stubbornly unaware that the Muslims wish to kill us all and have taken away our liberties, that a certain mosque is an insulting and humiliating sign of dominance and victory, or that equal rights for ALL Americans will be our undoing! Such ignorance is a grievous personal failing, and probably indicates that I am unreliable, maybe even a Freemason.
But IF they had read my blog, they would ALREADY have known that - and possibly not have even welcomed my company. Certainly they wouldn't have talked about the 'Evil Mosque World Power' in my presence.]


Some fellow denizens of the internet world do read this blog - for which I am very grateful, and I value their electronic companionability; their insights and friendship always make writing this rewarding.

There is ONE person who doesn't read my blog who falls into a category entirely her own: Savage Kitten.

[Savage Kitten was barely twenty-one years old when I first met her. I was thirty then.
She is now forty-two, and a more beautiful person than ever before. The happy warmth of her smile when she see me still brings sudden sunlight. But we are no longer a couple. That relationship ended recently. We are just good friends now.]


THE SAVAGE KITTEN FILES

I've mentioned Savage Kitten very often on this blog. All those posts can be found by clicking these links:
October 2005 to January 2008: SK-vol. 1; January 2008 to July 2008: SK-vol. 2; July 2008 to October 2008: SK-vol. 3; October 2008 to March 2009: SK-vol. 4; March 2009 to May 2009: SK-vol. 5; May 2009 to October 2009: SK-vol. 6; October 2009 to March 2010: SK-vol. 7; March 2010 to August 2010: SK-vol. 8 and August 2010 to End-August 2010: SK-vol. 9.

There are two other clickable labels for Savage Kitten posts, both new: End of August 2010 through the present: SK-vol. 10, and, sadly, how I am dealing (or not dealing) with the end of twenty years: Kittens eventually grow up.

[The division into numbered volumes has naught to do with any inherent separation of eras, but rather the fact that blogger only brings up a limited number of posts - so if they all had the same label, you would only see the most recent ones, and never find the beginning. The most recent one in any volume will always be at the top. Scroll down.]


If all posts about her through August 2010 were love letters that she did not see, the ones since then, especially labeled 'Kittens eventually grow up', are break-up letters.
I have not finished writing about her, but she will be even less aware of these posts. Which is a very good and safe thing - they will still be (mostly) love letters, I think, but these will be the ones I may never have the confidence to show her.

She just doesn't read blogs. Mine is no exception. Consequently this blog is in some ways a private soapbox, where I can be loudly ignored.


Heck, there's hardly anyone in San Francisco even paying attention, we're far too busy reading other things. Crap about vampires, for instance.
I understand the entire female student body of Lowell High School is reading the Twilight Series.
['Twilight', 'New Moon', 'Eclipse', 'Breaking Dawn' - By Stephanie Meyer.]

And obviously, that is much better than coming here to watch me fondling my mind.


==========================================================================
NOTE: If you wish, you may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

5 comments:

Ari said...

" . . . what I have to say doesn't always synch with their point of view."

Good writing is good writing. If we all agreed with each other, it would be a boring world indeed.

To wit, I don't:

- smoke a pipe
- hate the marketing department
- undress girls w/ my eyes

And yet, this blog fascinates me, even without discussion of cannibalism and vampirism.

Anonymous said...

This blog? I just come here for the recipes.
Zebra. the other white meat. Well, the other black and white meat.

Johann said...

You reckon she doesn't read your blog? If only she could...

You KNOW that.

Nothing on earth is more curious and suspicious than a woman. Not even a cat. I'll wager a tenner of any currency you choose that she has, will, or wants to.

I speak from considerable experience.

The back of the hill said...

Nah, she’s not wired that way. I’ve known her for twenty two years. Trust me, she’s peculiar, in that as in other regards.
My blog doesn’t interest her, and despite her gender she’s very strongly a gentleman.
If she ever started reading my blog, she’d tell me.

Her Aspergerism imposes constraints upon her. She has a very strong sense of ethics, an instinct for absolute fairness.

The back of the hill said...

Plus she's rigidly conditioned to respect privacy - even if it isn't actual privacy, such as a blog.

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...