Friday, November 13, 2009

SOME ARE FOR YOU, SOME ARE FOR ME. REMEMBER THAT. MORE. ME.

Years ago at a law office where I worked, management would always append the statement "please print this out for the Luddites" on their company-wide e-mails. There was an entire row of offices on the seventh floor inhabited by crusty old coots who still used typewriters, quill, and ink, and refused to have one of those newfangled capooter things in their office.
Their secretaries were long suffering. But had the clearest handwriting and best printers in the office.

I still blog, which is apparently 'old-fashioned'. I hardly use Facebook, or Hyves (the Dutch equivalent of FB). And I certainly don't tweet. Twittering is for birdies. I am Ludd.


Except that I have just discovered one (1) benefit to Twitter:
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

It's the twitter tweetings (or whatever you call it) of Justin, who is 29 and lives with his 73 year-old dad. Who is awesome. Justin tweets his dad's utterances.


QUOTE:
"I hate paying bills... Son, don't say "me too." I didn't say that looking to relate to you. I said it instead of "go away."
END QUOTE.


I suspect that Justin's dad, Sam Halpern, may be a Luddite. That's not really important. The thing is he expresses himself in a way we would all wish to do when we reach his age. With gusto.

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...