Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A MEME OF SHINY THINGS

In a comment under a posting (http://boroparkpyro.blogspot.com/2006/08/into-woods.html) carved on the Goblin King's cavernwalls (http://boroparkpyro.blogspot.com/), the Knitter of shiny things (blog: http://stillinthewoods.blogspot.com/) said:
"Steg-
Perhaps you should post a warning sign on the entrance to my neck of the woods: "Beware of kfira...and cats, if you're allergic. No swimming in the miqva'ot unless a lifeguard is on duty." :-p
Maybe we all should have warnings on our blogs. I see the making of an awesome meme. "


Excellent.

Proposed MEME:

1. What warning would you have on your blog for the unsuspecting?
If you stay here long enough you will gain weight.

2. Why do you think they need to be warned?
Food is a recurring theme.

3. What does that say about them?
Grazing here suggests that they're either omnivorous, or gluttons. And they probably like cheese doodles.

4. And who else should put up a warning?
Dovbear, GodolHador, Margabriel, Lipman, Misnaged..... Oh what the heck - pretty much everybody I read. Blogs piss people off. Not all the time, not everybody. But if you come through the bloggojungle unscathed you were probably dead to begin with.


I tag Steg, Knitter of Shiny things, CousinOliver, and the Godol Hador..... yes, I know, he had a warning on his erstwhile excellent blog - but he can post this on Dovbear's blog (http://dovbear.blogspot.com/) , seeing as he now posts there - it will kill two flies with one pie.

2 comments:

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

i do not like cheezypoofs.
and i have yet to try any of your recipes.
they look good, though!

Knitter of shiny things said...

Ooh! I like the title of your entry!

I don't think I can gain weight from reading your blog, seeing as of late I've been doing most of my blogging, I mean thesis work in the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, which lacks kosher food, besides what I bring with me. In fact, last semester when I was working for a week straight on this paper that I really cared about, I ended up losing weight, in a not-so-healthy way. Blogs about food usually don't make me hungry, unless I'm really craving the food mentioned, in which case I was probably already hungry.

But now I'm going to look through your recipes and see if there's anything I want to cook...

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...