Monday, August 05, 2013

ASIAN GIRLZ - OR, HOW TO CREATE AN UNJUSTIFIED AMOUNT OF ATTENTION

One of my readers forwarded a link to a Music Video by a band called Day Above Ground entitled Asian Girlz. In respect to his curiosity, I forced myself to listen to the whole thing.

First off, I have to explain that I am not a fan of modern music. Almost everything popular since the days of bobby socks and poodle skirts has been hopelessly vulgar and jejune.

Secondly, I may have mentioned "Asian Girls" on this blog a couple of times. The reader who sent me that link knows that I have been more or less connected to an 'Asian Girl' since 1989. The woman in question is my apartment mate, and till 2010 was my significant other.


Thirdly, I speak "Asian Girl".

That is to say, I can hold my own in a Cantonese conversation about food, and read the specials pasted on the wall. What with being a total food-slut and all, linguistically obsessive, and also quite vehemently antipathetic to the restrictively self-obsessed culinary hang-ups of modern-day urban America. A man has got to eat.
See my other blog for more about food.
Plus I can swear fairly fluently in Cantonese, and quote odd bits of Chinese literature.

Capping it off, I know everything about Hello Kitty.
Me so very expert Hello Kitty sh*t.


As I said, I forced myself to listen to the song.
It has interesting and thought-provoking lyrics.


But, rather than telling you in great analytic detail what that musical number meant to me, I think I'll yield the stage to someone else.

ASIAN GIRLZ, READ BY AN ASIAN GIRL


[Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZ83erXuGs.]



I hope my apartment mate (the ex-girlfriend) doesn't ever find that song about Asian Girlz; she would not like it. She is exceptionally literate and well-read, and expresses herself vehemently, with fierce eloquence.

I would never hear the end of it.


I'm sort of a sitting duck.


Thanks, Guyz.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...