Rabbit rabbit, for good luck. Traditionally said first thing in the morning at the beginning of the month. For some reason I cannot quite understand I woke up today thinking about noodles in broth liberally garnished with sliced cucumber, topped with nice fatty ground pork browned with ginger and chopped pickled mustard stems (榨菜 'jaa choi'), then seethed with a splash of sherry or rice wine and a dash soy sauce. Add a hefty splotch of chili paste and crushed roasted peanuts. Lime to squeeze over. Comfort food, with a streetfood attitude.
Might be breakfast.
No garlic, as I have an appointment down at the hospital later, and I don't want to smell. The woman scanning my thyroid is a rather nice professional person, I do NOT wish her to be offended or get hungry while she's doing it.
Also, I would rather not hear from my doctor that scanning my thyroid was a surreal experience that they still talk about in radiology, okay ....... ?
Very slight pinches sugar and five spice.
Wheat noodles, chicken broth.
And a cup of coffee.
I went to bed early last night so that I would be fully prepared this morning, but couldn't fall asleep, so I got up and doom-scrolled on the computer. Having thus filled my mind with suitable nightmare material I went back to bed. Asleep in moments.
The problem with getting up in the middle of the night is that in order to have a smoke one must get dressed again, because one just cannot wander out onto the street wearing sleep garb (pajama pants, tee shirt, and a bathrobe) whether in slippers or shoes, with a pipe, and a walking stick for clobbering any drunks. The Chinese people in this neighborhood wouldn't mind; they're used to all manner of eccentricity from Caucasians. But the local cops would stop and ask 'uncle', who is obviously befuddled and lost, if he needed help getting home and is everything all right? Plus other local residents, if awake, might look askance.
It is highly doubtful that anyone would respond positively to "rabbit rabbit".
Saying that because it was past midnight would not be reassuring.
72 hour psych ward would make me miss my appointment.
Rabbit rabbit, bitches, rabbit rabbit.
Code 5150!
This leads to two (2) inevitable conclusions: A), we need many more Chinese people living in this neighborhood, because the whites are too easily thrown off kilter.
And B), rabbit rabbit!
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment