Glad that's over. Some of the people I deal with need special attention. And I, being basically a heartless meanie, excell at not giving it to them. At the end of my very short work week I do not deal well with people. Human people. Animal people, okay. Why hello, my little feathered fellow citizen, would you like a nice bug?
I also would have been hail fellow well met to the lizard on the walkway, but after freezing motionless for a few seconds it skeeterred off. Alligator lizard or fence lizard, not sure. Reptilian fellow citizen.
Dogs, cats, corvids, and goats are a lot easier to deal with.
Cigar smokers, Marinites, and Karens, not so much.
Those are kind of like the reptiles.
But not as appealing.
Today being the occasion of the San Francisco Marathon, I happily asked sundry people whether they had just come from the race. The answers ranged from "no" to "heck no" all the way to "you're a cruel and vindictive troll, you know that?" My respone to that last was to just remark cheerily that it was part of my boyish charm, which is much loved by the ladies.
I myself do not run marathons. The primary reason being that I do not know how to express "chill my dudes, we have wupped the Persians" in Attic Greek, as I believe is traditional to say when finishing the run. Or should be.
I myself don't actually ever run. There will always be another stagecoach out of Dodge.
Foresight and common sense go a long way to preventing the need for pedal speed. In the morning I leave the house with ample time to catch the bus, and always take the earlier bus, just in case were I to depend on a later one there would be a spanner in the works and it didn't come or was seriously delayed. Rushing and last momentnesss make accidents.
Always have enough money in your wallet for a taxi, enough dollar bills for the streetcorner moocher, and enough smokables (pipe, tobacco, ciggies, cigars) for rainy days and long waits. And an extra pipe, just in case.
I'll be on the very first chopper out of Saigon.
Glad to see the last of the Mekong river.
And mosquito-borne diseases.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment