Monday, February 21, 2011

CULTIVATING DOMESTIC HARMONY

My roommate is clueless about female beauty. She has absolutely no idea what men find attractive.
This is a common female affliction which works very much to the advantage of men, by the way.


I remarked yesterday that I completely agreed with her boyfriend that the winner of the Miss Chinatown Pageant was less than impressive.
Clearly that man has taste.
I also said that in my mind, there was only ONE really pretty woman among the lot of them.

The result of this statement has been entertaining. Gratifying, even.
Savage Kitten (the roommate) is now desperate to find out which of the contestants I thought good looking. She is frustrated, because I cannot remember the name of that person, and she has asked me all kinds of questions.
Not knowing irritates her no end. She is determined to find out who it is.
I am NOT going to tell her.
Heh.

It has never dawned on her that the combination of good features, an expressive face, and eyes that reflect a keen intelligence is precisely what appeals.
Always has been. The eyes especially.
So it really isn’t that hard to figure out.

I’m thoroughly enjoying her frustration. I’m going to keep it alive as long as possible.

Torturing that woman can be great fun.


Earlier she had fiercely insisted that she was NOT stubborn. Indignantly howling at me about her complete and utter lack of stubbornness, how dare I agree with her boyfriend that she was the most stubborn creature in the universe, it was wrong wrong wrong! Not stubborn at all!
In the face of all evidence to the contrary, she stubbornly insists that she is, in fact, meek and yielding.
If an unmovable object can be described as ‘meek and yielding’, I suppose she’s right.

Simply whispering the word ‘stubborn’ at opportune moments now sets off very entertaining outrage.
Screeches, snarls, and furious objections.

“I am NOT stubborn!”Actually, sweet pea, you are. You are incredibly stubborn.

“I am NOT!!!”
Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, stubborn!

And your boy friend thinks so too - he's the one who described you as an 'unmovable object'.


“Aaaaaaaaargh!!!”

Convinced that she is not at all stubborn, she absolutely refuses to yield the point, so this game could go on for a long time.
I just have to remember not to torment her when she’s holding something she can throw.
Her aim is excellent.


Curiosity and stubbornness are virtues.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT WOMEN

There are several artists rolling over in their graves right now. One or two aren't dead yet, but never mind. Rolling. Among them Frank ...