Thursday, November 06, 2008

FROM FRUM TO TREIF: WIGS, ANARCHO-ZIONISM, AND PORK

The time has come to digest. No, not a scrumptious meal made of the three ingredients listed above, but recently discovered blogs and ideas.



SHEITELS, and PARSHA BLOG

Dovbear alerted me that the sheitel thing has flared up again. That directed me to this blog( http://parsha.blogspot.com/ ), which I have decided to add to my blogroll.

The wiggy post is here:
http://parsha.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-reaction-to-rav-elyashivs-latest.html



ANARCHO-ZIONISM, and AARON VAN PRAAG

A recent discussion about anarcho-Zionism alerted me to Aaron van Praag, who scribbles on LiveJournal over here: http://aaronvanpraag.livejournal.com/
Aaron van Praag seems to be an old-style revolutionary, but one with a creative method to his rhetorical madness.

Quote:
"Anti-Semitism is so fundamental to the cultural milieu of the west that it is seldom recognized when encountered elsewhere; it is the great common denominator, the characteristic which builds a sense of commonality between anti-imperialist intellectuals in Europe and the faux anti-colonialists of the third world. The Jew, in this common worldview, stands in for all the flaws of the society requiring a cure. If the Jew of revolutionary fantasies does not exist, very well, they will invent him."

You can see why I read his blog and am adding him to the roll: longwinded brevity.
Besides, with such an Amsterdammish name, how can I not like him?


Further to the Anarcho-Zionist worldview, I might as well mention that I miss the visits of Miss Lance Thruster, who wrote such sparkling things underneath PIE FOR FINKELSTEIN that the remembered frisson still thrills.
I miss her. Come back, dear lady, all is forgiven.
[Well, not quite - your insane anti-Zionist sentiments still make me heave, but I am an attention-whore, and I just LOVED the zesty thing you and Grant Patel had going. I hope the two of you didn't get a room together? My monkey is a voyeur, and would have liked to watch.]



THE PORK

KARIN'S DUTCH FOOD BLOG
http://dutchfood.about.com/b/
It is what it says - Dutch food.

A LETHE
http://www.tobysterling.net/
A resident of Amsterdam, writing about things that interest him.

CUPCAKES OR DEATH
http://cupcakesordeath.blogspot.com/
A very fattening blog written by a person in Muddy Estuary.

LP'S CORNER
http://lpkorner.blogspot.com/
A somewhat less fattening blog. Peranakan food.


It may not be immediately apparent why I refer to these last four blogs as pork, but perusal of the sites will show that they are somewhat out of place in the blogroll, though quite fitting for this place.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hail Eris! Long Live Israel!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marius. Bit of a distance from Hadrian's wall, eh what?


---Grant Patindywindy

Anonymous said...

Cheese. Rat. Penguin. Beaver. Wombat. Butterfly. Llama. Jesus. Ferocious felines.

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!!!


---Grant Fur-burgers

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

Wow, THREE food blogs! That's great. Thanks.

CJL said...

Sam Dolgoff wasn't a Zionist, and your baseless assertions to the contrary are slanderous and false.
Jewish anarchists are opposed to the state of Israel and all other racist and colonial regimes. "anarcho-Zionism" doesn't exist anymore than "anarcho-capitalism" or "anarcho-whitepowerism."

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...