Monday, January 26, 2009

MANGA MADNESS

Yesterday afternoon Savage Kitten went over to the familial home for New Year's Dinner. Actually, seeing as it was not yet new year (that's today, in case you didn't know), it qualified more as a closing of the old year in a family context.

I of course did not go, as I do not exist.
Actually, what that really means is that we have never told any of her relatives about me.

Please try to imagine the uproar if we did.

"Mom, Dad, this is Toad, with whom I have been deliciously living in sin for many years. The bad news is, he's white and glows in the dark. The good news is, he speaks Cantonese. Now go scream at him colorfully in your language while I prepare myself a stiff drink."
Yes, that is SO not going to happen.

For one thing, she doesn't drink.


Instead, while she enjoyed the warm embrace of family across the hill in Chinatown, I headed in the opposite direction to visit Kinokunya Books in Nihonmachi.
I returned with volume twelve of Chibi Vampire, volume three of Rosario Vampire, volume three of Your And My Secret, and two volumes of a series of which I can't at present remember the name.
In order, cute moe romantic comedy set in a high school, hot high school lust and monster comedy, over the top genderbent comedy, and two books with....... thighs.
Specifically, delicious plump thighs of which only a wee bit is visible between the hem of the skirt and the top of the thigh-high stockings. There are four girls, there is one boy. The story is utterly forgettable, but the illustrations cater most appetizingly to perverts. Short short skirts, thigh high stockings. Six inches of smooth smooth thigh. Plus the occasional flash of something lacy in a context that makes no sense. And silhouettes of very generous .... errrm, uh, ehhh, secondary characteristics. Yes, that's it - "secondaries".
The artist who drew the story is an utter degenerate - not someone you should allow anywhere near your children. Not even if you introduce him as "Uncle Dirty Old Man", and tell them to never ever allow him into the house.

I finished all five books (plus a few cocktails and a big bowl of crispy bits and sausage cucumber noodles herbs in zesty curry broth) by the time Savage Kitten returned. So I at least had a splendid afternoon.
I'm not so sure about her.

Significantly, she applauding the very recent acquisition of a bottle of Jim Beam, which she noticed as soon as she came home.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

and two volumes of a series of which I can't at present remember the name -- and two books with....... thighs.


For Krise sakes, man, REMEMBER the name! You can't leave me hanging like that! Case won, nothing on my plate, and pnatiless desperation start the new year.
I most especially like the idea of ' the occasional flash of something lacy in a context that makes no sense'. Trust me, it ALWAYS makes sense!


Lev

Anonymous said...

Aha! Pervert! You're back! They finally let you out again, huh?

Case won? Was it statutory? You convinced them you wer3 innocent? UN-BAH-frikkin-lievable!

Heh heh heh!


---Granky Puntervert

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

Hey, I'm reading Chibi Vampire too! I didn't know volume twelve was out already. Thanks!

Not interested in the two fatty thigh books, though. That sounds like a man thing. Don't bother mentioning what that series is called.

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

They don't make thigh highs for small women either. Big thick galumphy women, yes. Everything comes in their size.

Big as a bucket gets everything.

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

Big as TWO buckets.

Anonymous said...

Aha! From which is proved size four extra small.

Me likim small apttooties too much. Oh yes. Gleck to maximum degree, oh indeed yes!!!!!



---Gronsky Patlivik

Anonymous said...

Pnaties!



---Granties Puntile

Anonymous said...

Medicated schoolgirls rock da bomb! Oh yes. Indeedy. Forsooth.


---Prants Glenbongy

Anonymous said...

"pnatiless"?

Anonymous said...

Grant Patel is a very crude man.

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...