Monday, April 01, 2024

IT'S SIMPLER AND MORE SUNNY HERE

My landlady must think me a right healthnut. She saw me twice today with my walking stick and my pipe. A veritable outdoorsman. Which the regular reader will grasp as being because I cannot smoke indoors when my apartment mate is around. When I told my former regular care doctor that I was walking a lot more, his face lit up. Walking is good exercise!
When I mentioned why, his face fell. Oh.

I associate many of my Dunhill pipes, especially the shellbriars, with Chinese people. As my landlady, my apartment mate, and both my former and my current regular care doctor are. This is because most of my Dunhills came to me from doing business with Chinese. They're jaunty pipes, elegant yet dashing, and should remind you of young men flying fighter planes over the channel, Scottish engineers building roads in Tierra del Fuego, keen administrators in Hong Kong, and lonely political officers out in Burma or Malaya. As well as bright fellows tutoring likely damsels in Latin and Algebra.

"Young lady, you cannot possibly become a gynecologist unless you conjugate verbs! The best you can hope for is doctor of divinity. Which is far less helpful!"


"Jerry's over the channel again, fire up the old shellbriar!"

Smoked one of my shellbriars on Waverly Place today while counting the tourist ladies with typical Midwestern physiques. Who, with the exception of a bunch of prosperous looking Filippinas yacking in Taglish, were all very white and pasty looking.

Far be it from me to be judgemental.
Corn and soybeans are among our most important crops.

America's enduring prosperity depends on growing, selling, and eating those. As well as milk, water, whey, milk protein concentrate, milkfat, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, salt, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid, sodium citrate, sodium alginate, enzymes, apocarotenal, annatto, and mesophilic or thermophilic cultures.

We flew a man to the moon with that!


Lunch was preserved egg and lean pork congee (皮蛋瘦肉粥 'pei daan sau yiuk juk') plus the fried bread stick that's so tasty to dip or dump therein. No milk tea, as that place is very Toisaan, and doesn't do that.

You know, I don't have a clue what they do with all that soybean in the Midwest.
Lord knows that cuisine isn't something they're capable of.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

INTERNATIONAL RIOT DAY

All over the world, the radical disaffecteds raged today. Not only actual wage slaves, but also semi-educated bourgeois prole pretendeurs an...