Tuesday, April 23, 2019

DULL AND SILVERY

Despite being horrendously unwell, I went to work yesterday. Was sent home in mid-afternoon, returning shortly after three. It got worse. And now I feel doubly cheated; today is a scheduled day off, I am still too darn sick to do all the things I need to do, just like on Easter Sunday, and I've already had the flu once this year, as well as a flu shot!

Haven't smoked a pipe since Friday afternoon. Other than nibbling here and there, haven't had an actual meal since Saturday. Sticking to a diet is ridiculous without an appetite.

I keep dreaming of Dutch smoked fish. Eel, mackerel, and trout.

Always available at the weekly street market.

Metallic skin, yellow waxy fat.



Subfusc under the low leafy branches of tall old trees. Silver and gold light; cafe terraces, lanterns, lamps inside, partial reflection off tables, windscreens, droplets, brick pavement worn smooth.
It rained earlier. The air feels velvety.


I'll probably spend the day in bed, half awake.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...