Saturday, June 08, 2024

NO SELFIE STICK

Over the years I have taken numerous selfies. At least THREE of them. And I've had a device for doing that around four years precisely and approximately.That's nearly one a year! Well, okay, I'm a little self-camera shy. I'm just not that fascinating that there need to be many pictures of me beyond the obligatory file photos. Picture of a future pipsemoker in a bath, looking like a goober. Future pipe smoker as a happy little tyke in a garden. Future pipe smoker two year before ever going to grammar school, looking uncertain about something. Let's skip over the grammar and high school years, and, dammit, my college years.
I looked like a goober. Totally.

Somewhere there are bunch of photos of me when I taken visited the Netherlands with my apartment mate. I look reasonably human. I also have a stash of photos of her from that trip. She looks absolutely divine. Daemonic too, because she hates having her photo taken, and can be dangerous to cross. I won't show them to anyone or ask her to show me the photos she took of me. Imagine a petite Chinese woman, very fiercely indignant.

Trip to Holland; "Here's Aunt Edith standing in front of a windmill".
And: "here's Aunt Edith behind the same windmill."
"Here's something we ate".

There actually is no Aunt Edith.
Here I am in a garden, middle distance, center screen. I'm the one with the red shirt.

Right next to the very Belgian person.


Given all that, it probably surprises you that I have no selfie-stick, nor any plans to ever acquire one. In actual fact I consider selfies and sticks for selfies to be one of the most tedious apsects of the modern era.

In addition to people on the bus telling people telephonically that they are on the bus.

Okay. You're on the bus. Have you considered getting off?

More privacy elsewhere.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE SUMMER GARDEN

The miniskirt was developed in various places during the late fifties, and briefly popular in San Francisco during the sixties. It undoubted...