Sunday, February 23, 2020

AN UNBERKELEY FRAME OF MIND

A few things yesterday made me think of the people I used to know years ago when I lived in Berkeley on Rose Street and later in Oakland off Fortieth not far from MacArthur, before I moved to San Francisco.
There was a streak of cruelty in them that they themselves were probably quite unaware of. In some ways I'm glad that we lost contact.

[Every one I know in the East Bay now is from much later.]

That story about the dollar bill? I'm glad I'll never hear that again.

Anger is hard to maintain. But enduring apathy is easy.


People can be cruel.
I don't like cruel.


I still have a soft spot for Elizabeth H. though.
I wonder what happened to her.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...