Monday, February 17, 2014

WARM REGARD FOR MY FURRY BRETHREN

If you caught me near the women's room in the park, you would naturally think me a pervert. But, in all honesty, it wasn't the women's room that interested me. It was at night, and the only person there had a bucket and a mop. Plus I was on the other side of the building anyway.

It was the rats. There's a colony of rats that live in the adjacent undergrowth. The lights from the ladies loo let me see them.

I like small furry critters. Both rats and mice have these extraordinarily large eyes that give their faces expressiveness and charm. Yes, I know they're actually somewhat dumber than raccoons, but they are more intelligent than horses, chickens, or blondes.

And they're cute little balls of wriggly fur.
That counts for something!


I spent twenty minutes watching them while smoking a pipe the other evening. They're really very lovable. Curious, determined, and stubborn. Nature's born survivors. I never knew they could leap.
You can tell males by the huge sack of testicles they drag behind them.
Which must be quite burdensome.

If humans were built proportionately in that regard, most of us men would be crippled by the time we hit high-school age.


I'm not sure whether it's the ladies loo or the overflowing garbage cans that sustain them in that area. It's probably a bit of both.

They're well-fed. Obviously so. But very lively.


Shan't mention which park; don't want them exterminated.


They're my rats.


I must protect them.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...