Sunday, December 04, 2011

DINNER AND A FROG

I am filled with profound concern for a talking frog. Not, you understand, that I actually know the frog in question.
But I have seen him. Many times. Back during the Muppet Show years, there was an admirable sincerity to him. Whether he was infuriated by his colleagues, upset that something was going amiss (as it so often did), baffled by precisely how something had gone amiss, or interacting on a human to amphib basis with someone else.
Kermit was just so likable.

A lot has changed since those days. Kermit isn’t quite what he once was.
He’s now working for Disney, and the pressure of the corporate world must weigh him down.

What this means is that I am hesitant about going to see the new Muppet movie.
It is very possible that there has been far too much "creative" input by marketers, salesmen, the pets and prodigies of important people, and hacks, for it to quite live up to its promise.
Kermit probably had to fight against committees to get any decent ideas incorporated into the script.
No doubt everyone’s favourite frog longs for the good old days.
I fear being disappointed in my expectations.
Will this movie be worth it?

Kermit has always been a role model.


THE PERFECT DATE MOVIE

If I go see it, I will need someone to provide solace. A fellow mourner, so to speak, in case the movie proves an utter disappointment. I can also be the comforting mature presence.
Or someone to laugh with, when we remember the funny parts.

Camilla and Miss Piggy both have other engagements.
And, you'll understand, they aren't my type.
What with not actually having lips.
It’s a serious problem.

I would love to take a young lady to enjoy this bright green film.
And perhaps a nice restaurant afterwards?
What would Kermit do?

Definitely dinner.
Possibly flies.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

4 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

FWIW, I found the movie to be terrible. A huge disappointment.

Tzipporah said...

Really? I freaking loved it. Maybe it's a generational thing.

The back of the hill said...

Oh crap, both of you have gotten me curious.
Really curious.

I'll now just have to find a young lady who would like to see the movie.

e-kvetcher said...

>Really? I freaking loved it. Maybe it's a generational thing.

I think we are the same generation...

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...