Saturday, October 03, 2026

HERE KITTY KITTY

Wrok was a breeze. Only one of the senile old fascists was in today, and only fairly late in the afternoon. So it was quiet in the backroom. And we had the airconditioning on, so it was cool and bank-like. The bus back to the city was another matter, because every tourist in town went to Sausalito or the bridge, and by the time we rolled onto Van Ness it was like a tin of sardines; tighly packed and oily.

When I stumbled out of the bus it was still warm outside. And at my intersection it was clear that many people had been imbibing since early in the day, because that is, apparently, what Anglos do when it's hot and they don't feel like reading or whatever it is that they do on their days off which requires effort.

While at work I needed to use Cantonese three times, Mandarin only once. German not a single time. Nor Dutch.


I find using languages infinitely more pleasurable than wishing I had a cattle-prod for some of the poisonous old gits in the back. The actual interaction and the results are much better.
And far less likely to lead to indigestion.


Mine or anyone else's.
I tell you boy, sometimes it's a jungle in there.

Tomorrow, for instance. Sports. Whiny old retired dudes with too much bile in their system. Rabid, Republican, and repulsive. Even their nearest and dearest don't want them around much of the time. I spend much of my time at work being a booby sitter.

And keep in mind that "nearest and dearest" is, in this case, simply a polite way of saying 'regretably not distant enough and likely to be expensive if stressed'.
Or something even less human.

Unhappy cohabitants of the same suburban real-estate.

The optimistic emergency contacts.

Marinite, middle class.


Many times at work I am reminded of scenes from The Mummy with Brendan Fraser. Perhaps we need cats. Lots of cats. Cats are good.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HERE KITTY KITTY

Wrok was a breeze. Only one of the senile old fascists was in today, and only fairly late in the afternoon. So it was quiet in the backroom....