Wednesday, February 21, 2007

BORUCH DAYAN EMES

[Blessed is the righteous judge]


Fellow blogger Steg's father passed away this morning.
The Levaya will be tomorrow morning.


May Steg and his family be comforted among the mourners of Tzion and Yerushalayim.

---------------

Steg's blog is one of the first J-blogs I discovered two years ago, before I started my own blog. Things that always make it sparkle are his wit and his insight. As such, I would like to consider it one of the examples I hold in front of me when blogging. Certainly an example I should follow.

But there is a major difference. I have a mean streak at times, and tend towards occassional poison penning. This is a facet which developed over the last quarter century, since returning to the United States. For a large part of that time I lived under some stressful circumstances, by myself, and people who are loosened from their moorings will, as you know, grow some quirks and mechanisms which are...... "interesting".


Be that as it may, I am not as good a person as Steg. Steg's writing shows no sign of meanness, and abundant evidence of good-nature, keen intelligence, and consideration for others. Steg is a great reflection on his environment, his friends, his family, and his parents. And he is witty.

I never knew Steg's father. But I know Steg. And by knowing the son, I feel I know a part of the father.

I wish Steg courage and strength, and I hope that he will always remember what was good. By doing so, the best part of his father will always be with him, and will be passed on to others.

The memory of good people is a blessing.
And yes, I mean that both ways.

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...